CinemaTech
[ Digital cinema, democratization, and other trends remaking the movies ]

AD: Fans, Friends & Followers

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Talking About My Next Book, Feb 1st in Boston

Rhonda Moskowitz was kind enough to invite me to speak at one of her monthly Connect the Docs meetings in Boston.

I'm going to be taking part on Sunday, February 1st at 7 pm, at the Coolidge Corner Theatre. The suggested contribution is $7, and the event takes place upstairs in the MiniMax Room.

My next book focuses on how filmmakers, musicians, and other artists can build an audience -- and a career -- in the digital era. I'm going to present some ideas from the book, and hopefully get some feedback from the crowd of real, live documentarians.

My working title for the book is "Fans, Friends & Followers: Building an Audience -- and a Career -- in the Digital Era." But that may change. (Your feedback is welcome.)

My plan is to have the book ready for purchase by March, when South by Southwest rolls around. If you're interested in receiving an early excerpt, simply drop me a line.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Congrats on the gig Scott. Looking forward to the book. If you are in NYC on 2/17, come to the premiere of my doc on indie film bloggers (info at DIY Filmmaker blog), maybe we can do some stuff to promote the book.

    - Sujewa

    By Blogger Sujewa Ekanayake, at 4:45 PM  

  • Thanks, Sujewa. I hope the event goes well, but I will be in LA that week. Let me know if there's a way to join you guys in March or April....

    Scott

    By Blogger Scott Kirsner, at 12:55 PM  

  • Damn! I'd love to go to this and hear you give the talk as I'm only 45 minutes from Coolidge Corner, but there is this little thing called, um, the Super Bowl going on at that time. Interesting thing will be what the over/under is on how many times a commercial for The Watchmen comes on, or for any movie for that matter.

    By Blogger Admin, at 4:03 PM  

  • Hi Scott- It's Rhonda Moskowitz from Connect the Docs. You are quite a draw, as your presentation is actually overbooked! Looking forward to it.

    By Blogger filmmosk, at 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home