Producers Institute for New Media Technologies: Apply by March 1
The Producers Institute for New Media Technologies is a ten-day residency for eight creative teams (independent producers or public broadcasters) with a shared goal of developing and prototyping a multi-platform project inspired by, or based on a significant documentary project. The intention of the Institute is to develop socially relevant media projects for emerging digital platforms. Producers will participate in high-level industry round tables, intense one-on-one project development with technical mentors, new media storytelling workshops, and hands-on prototyping of their ideas.
The participants will adapt and develop film, video, and audio content for delivery using a range of interactive formats, including but not limited to video game applications, interactive, web-based experiences, mobile streaming, multi-user communities, and new educational software. You may propose a range of delivery strategies, including cell phones, other hand-held devices, set-tops, Internet, portable software and more. The Institute will provide creative mentors, technology consultants and advisors based on the needs of your project. At the end of the ten-day residency, all participants will demonstrate and pitch to a panel of VC funders, industry leaders, and foundations. As ongoing support after the Institute, BAVC will host a web-based resource center for the continued sharing of new ideas, strategies, project development, and distribution opportunities.
- The lab will be held from June 1-10 in San Francisco, California at the BAVC facility, 2727 Mariposa Street.
- All participants must be available and in-residence for the entire duration of the Institute.
- All Institute participants will be provided airfare, hotel accommodation and meals.
- Mentoring, technical equipment, software and access to post-production suites, gear, and facilities are provided by BAVC as part of your residency.
- The Institute is made possible by a grant from the MacArthur Foundation.