Ten links for today's DIY panel at the "Produced By" conference
Here's are ten links worth checking out (and feel free to add your own in the comments):
- Required reading: Peter Broderick's "Declaration of Independence: The Ten Principles of Hybrid Distribution."
- Manohla Dargis in the NY Times: "Declaration of Indies: Just Sell It Yourself!"
- Videos from the DIY Days series of conferences, on the WorkBook Project
- Ira Deuchtman's blog and Twitter feed
- Book site for "Fans, Friends & Followers: Building an Audience and a Creative Career in the Digital Age" (with lots of free content)
- Truly Free Film, a blog overseen by producer Ted Hope
- The IndieGoGo blog (site that supports Internet-based fundraising)
- Jon Reiss' blog, filmmaker and author of "Think Outside the Box Office"
- Videos from The Conversation @ Columbia, a gathering held this past March, including panels on "Attracting an Audience Through Social Media" and "Digital Distribution."
- Blog Maverick, Mark Cuban's blog