The Future of the Internet Video Business, with Fred Seibert
Fred has been a key creative force at Nickelodeon, MTV, and Hanna Barbera, and he now runs nextnewnetworks and Frederator, both of which focus on creating and distributing content for the digital realm, and building communities around it.
I recorded most of our conversation. In it, we covered:
- What sorts of content has been successful on nextnewnetworks
- Whether advertising can support high-quality content
- Whether viewers care about production values
- How to build loyalty for on-going Web series
- How to turn viewers into participants and collaborators
- Opportunities for new formats and approaches to making content.
People creating content for the Web today may only be earning "digital pennies," Fred told me. But just as the music and movie and TV businesses were tiny at the start, Fred's a big believer that digital dollars are not far off for producers of digital entertainment.
Here's the file: MP3 audio, 31 minutes long.