CinemaTech
[ Digital cinema, democratization, and other trends remaking the movies ]

AD: Fans, Friends & Followers

Saturday, October 18, 2008

This Week's Travels

I left on Tuesday for LA and SF, from Boston. Since then, I've visited folks at the Walt Disney Company, JibJab Media, Google, and Pixar. I head to Netflix on Monday.

I've been giving talks to promote the book, and interviewing people as well.

Also, The Conversation began yesterday at the Pacific Film Archive theater, so that has been keeping me busy. (I helped organize it, along with folks like Tiffany Shlain, Ken Goldberg, Lance Weiler, Shayne Gilbert, Alyssa Stern, etc. etc.)

All of which is to say: I have a *lot* of stuff to blog. But not until tomorrow...

But if you want to hear about the book for the low, low price of $15 (includes pizza and beverages), come to the Hillside Club in Berkeley on Sunday at 6 PM (or tell your friends.) The talk presents the complete technological history of Hollywood in 40 minutes. Then we do Q&A and you tell me what I left out.

;)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home