CinemaTech
[ Digital cinema, democratization, and other trends remaking the movies ]

AD: Fans, Friends & Followers

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Updated: Sites that Pay Filmmakers and Video Producers

In advance of the IFP Filmmaker Conference this week, I've updated my list of sites that help filmmakers and video producers get paid for their work. I removed a number of sites that don't seem to be attracting very many users, deleted Google Video (which never really allowed indies to charge for content, and now has announced plans to close its video store entirely), and also added two services that help filmmakers sell DVDs they've already produced (Film Baby and NeoFlix.)

I'm always interested in hearing whether there are other sites that ought to be on this list. My criteria is that they aren't just a place to post content, but can actually help creators earn a return.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home